Delano SBC quadcoil preamp recommendation?

jake

jake

Bassix
ß346
Couple of years ago I replaced Bartolinis with Delano SBC quadcoil. Bass is Marleaux Consat 5 with mahogany body/maple top/maple neck/ebony fingerboard. Programmable preamp.
I am looking for opinions and experiences about different onboard preamps matched with those pickups. Of course, on similar type of bass and wood combination

He has got his own developed electronics.
Another suggestion: NOLL or Glockenklang. Take an electronic with the possibility of an active/passive switch and an passive tone control (in passive mode). I have liked the passive sound of my Delano Xtender Quadcoil more than the active sound (o.k. it was an upgrade in an ARIA IGB68-Bass and the onboard preamp was crappy...).

Maybe I have asked to broad of a question.
Better one would be......."has anybody replaced preamp on Marleaux with Delano SBC pu's and with what"?

What do you expect? Is it broken? Want a different sound? Otherwise there is no reason to replace the Marleaux Preamp.

What do you expect? Is it broken? Want a different sound? Otherwise there is no reason to replace the Marleaux Preamp.
There is no reason to buy a new bass after first one.......how many did you have so far?
This preamp was made at the time to work with Bartolinis. Now bass has Delanos and they are different beasts. So my topic question makes perfect sense.

Zurück
Oben Unten