Erledigt: Van der End JB5, jazz bass, 5-saiter, 35" scale

HaveBlue

HaveBlue

Bassix
ß1.115
Sale with the initial prospective buyer did not finalize in the end, so on the market again.

A great instrument that's not getting the playtime it deserves after I got my Musicman Bongo 5HS (which is, in my opinion, the Swiss army knife of tone).

VDE01.jpg

An early example of Dutch luthier Andre van der End's work. The love-it-or-hate-it paint job does not do anything to the fact that it plays like butter and sounds great. The bass is very resonant; you can feel the bass vibrate into your chest. Of all the basses I own, it is the loudest when played acoustically. Everything about the instrument tells you it was built by someone who knew what he was doing and did not make any concessions regarding material use. Action is low, E and B string are tight due to the 35" scale and the preamp allows you to dial in a wide array of usable sounds. When used passively, the bass reminds me of a 70's Jazz bass; not quite the same thing, but close.

Specifications:

Van der End JB5;
Ash/alder sandwich body;
One-piece quartersawn 6-bolt-on maple neck;
35" scale;
Maple fretboard;
21 frets;
Brass nut;
Schaller tuners;
Schaller 3D bridge (see technical drawing below for string-spacing);
Schaller strap-locks;
Van der End single coil pickups;
Van der End preamp with active/passive switch:
- Active: Volume-Volume-2-Band cut/boost EQ;
- Passive: Volume-Volume-Tone
Bathroom-scale test shows a healthy 4,88kg

Frets are 8/10 and even though the bass is not "as good as new" everything (trussrod, pots, etc.) works flawlessly and there is no significant optical wear. Just a nice patina you would expect from a ~20 year old instrument. The bass is currently strung with medium Elixir strings which have enough life in them to last at least another couple of months.

VDE01.jpg

VDE02.jpg

VDE03.jpg

VDE04.jpg

VDE05.jpg

VDE06.jpg

VDE07.jpg

VDE08.jpg

VDE10.jpg

Straight sale is preferred but will consider trade-in of Musicman Stingray 4- or 5-string with a possible uplay from my side. Price is € 950,- including shipping throughout the EU.

Bass is located in Gorredijk, The Netherlands. Feel free to comment or ask questions via DM.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
After a short jam this weekend, a friend (who lacks the funds :weird:) described it as "the über-Jazz of the low countries". And that description is spot on :great: Still available and open for offers.

Zurück
Oben Unten