MTD 635-24 Flamed Myrtle, Wenge²

Nagaraja

Nagaraja

Bassix
ß172
For sale, this delightful MTD 635-24, upgraded with Nordstrand Dual blade pickups.

I already own a wonderful MTD whose specs are more suitable for my needs and can’t afford to keep both.

o8PAXW7l.jpg
daqtnOkl.jpg
xnatyI2l.jpg
iTbu4a0l.jpg
ehUzGXml.jpg
NOuPdHUl.jpg

Built in 2010
Body: Tulipwood
Top: Flamed myrtle
Neck: Wenge onepiece
Fretboard: Wenge
Finish: trans black sweet gloss
Neck profile: asymetric
Dots on the side: luminlay green
Case: original MTD Deluxe with hygrometric device enclosed.

Pickups: Nordstrand Dual blade (vol, single/dual, blend, bass, treble, mid 3 freq. Original Bartolini pickups for MTD are in the flight case.
Electronics: Bartolini for MTD, 18v

Weight: 3,91 Kg (yes !) without nose dive.

The sound is clearly MTD: everything is better than on another instrument. It’s better defined (fret zero and Buzz Feiten System are awesome), tone is plain, rich, full of harmonics, even and dynamic. Natural compression and sustain give real power to your right hand and the instrument allows you to play freely in any style with instant connection to your inner voice.

Playability is also top notch. MTD designs instruments tailored to be forgotten once strapped. The asymmetric neck profile rests your left hand far much more than any other neck profile.

If you dig some slap, you’ll find in this instrument one of the best way to make it loud and clear, with detailed sound and expression, ranging from Marcus Miller to Stanley Clarke with every Flea inbetween.

This is a truly inspiring instrument.

Only dent is on the upper horn, as seen on the picture.

The only trade I would consider is a high end fretless 5 or 6 bass, with narrow string spacing and if possible 34’ or less scale.

The bass is located in Lille, France, you're welcome to come and visit.

Price is 3700€ with shipping in France.

I had an account already on Bassic but as Facebook identification seems to not work anymore, I had to recreate an account.

Feel free to ask me for recommandation if you want, several high end instruments owners know me well and can vouch for me.

SOUNDCLIPS :

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I had the chance to play this bass last week and can 100% confirm Antoines description. It's a wonderful 6er from a highly recommended seller.

The top looks much more like Flamed Maple, but Antoine had shown me the confirmation from Mike Tobias that this is Myrtle.

Yes, this is truly a one of a kind instrument, like a super iconic MTD. And damn lightweight.

Very interesting and unique sound. thank you.

But not what I'm personally looking for.

Zurück
Oben Unten