mmulles

mmulles

Bassix
ß3.805
For sale/trade LAKLAND LOG LE 5PJ

http://mulles.lu/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Foto3.jpg

Second one from the top!

this is a Lakland Owners Group Limited Edition bass. I don't know if you
know anything about these so I'll give you a quick overview.

here's the main things:
this is the bass that was co-created with the enthusiasts of Lakland Owners Group community.There were (and will be) only 30 such basses made, each with a L.O.G. serial number and a certificate signed by President of Lakland.

The bass has a two-piece ash body in butterscoth. The color is semi-transparent so you can see some wood pattern, mostly on the back. 3-ply black-white-black pickguard that outlines the bass' shapes
beautifully.

The LOG LE basses offered two kinds of opions that you could choose. Fretboard - mine has rosewood with abalone blocks and binding over a birdseye neck (which I have never seen on a Lakland before), and a choice of 3 pickups. Mine has the Lakland vintage P: Neodimum magnet, Alnico pole pieces. This makes it
sound wery open, bright and modern, but when you roll off the tone and volume, you get that old-style thumpy P.

The pre-owner addressed Carl Pedigo who was head luthier of Lakland for over a decade and is a great man. He installed a bridge J of his own design. I don't know the tech but Carl designed it especially for this pickup combo. He also did a VT/VT knob layout for me (like on the 1960 jazz bass), thus making a very versatile passive bass. I like the finish of the neck on US basses, it feels like the bass has
been played for years and years. So Carl did this on this bass, and also added a bone nut like on US basses.
So this is as close to US basses as it may get, and also with handwork of one of the main Lakland masters.
It is in great shape, the only thing is that the pickguard gathers scratches very easily, but this is the material they used.

USED IN GOOD CONDITION.
SHOWS LIGHT WEAR FROM USE BUT NO SCRATCHES
GIGBAG INCLUDED
VERY RARE OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE AN UN USED LIMITED EDITION GUITAR.
IF YOU REQUIRE MORE DETAILED PHOTO'S OR PRICE INFORMATIONS PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.

THX
M

Hello,

Is this a splitcoil Jazz Bass Pickup?

Can you tell the weight of the instrument?

regards

Christoph

Th bass is about 4,2kg

Yes exactly a splitcoil J Bass Pickup

This bass has gone through the hands of the Man himself. Carl Pedigo, master luthier for Lakland for over a decade, has made some cool stuff for me. He added a custom wound J-pickup in the bridge to the Lakland Hanson Vintage P and did custom wiring. He installed VT/VT stack pots to complement the pickups.
The pre-owners idea was to have a bass that would sound as a true JB on the bridge, a true PB on the neck and a very close to a JB with both pups on. Well, Carl did it all - and better. All coils up - and you get a snarling jazz. Roll the volume of the P down to 13 o'clock and close the J, and you get a thumpy, in- your- face P bass. Soloing the bridge pup gives you the bridge J sound on demand.

M

Hi...
I'm sorry but I think I will cancel this threat...
I just found some ancient NORDY pick ups in a box...didn't even know that I still have them...tried them out now...the bass just sounds more awesome like ever...unbelievable...I'm so sorry.

But thank you for you interest...

Man what a day!

Zurück
Oben Unten