Stingray Shootout: Standard VS Classic (video!)

SergeBass

SergeBass

Bassix
ß5.811

I hope You'll like this comparison of 2 really good Music Man Stingrays. One of them is typical but very solid one from 95. It has Flea-bridge and older type alnico pickup (btw like the Flea had, even in the same colour). From another side is Classic model of Stingray from 2010. Made to represent the feel of old school stingrays from the beginnings. So try to hear the difference in sound between them. They were recorded in absolutely the same environment. And yes, this time there are the same type of strings on both of them ;-) D'Addario Nickel Wounds 45-105.

I use:
Avalon U5 DI
Aguilar DB-750 Amp
Bergantino HD-210 Cabinet
Rode NT-2A Mic
RME Fireface - Macbook Pro - Logic Pro X (audio)
Final Cut Pro 10.2 (video)

If you like this video - Push Thumb Up and Subscribe !

See You on the next reviews!
Cheers!

Thanks for this nice comparison. ;-)

I for myself find the Classic Ray (2 Bd - Pre) more articulate due to its more forward midrange.

The black one with the 3 Bd - Preamp (1995) seems to be stronger in the low end, but also verry equal - sounding over all 4 strings.

In the end the result of this comparison is very near to my experiences with my 1996 Sting Ray 5 with Ceramic PU and my 2010 Ray 5 Classic with AlNiCo PU.

The slap part is hard to compare because of different stages of loudnes. It sounds as if the black one is more maxed out than the white one.

Zurück
Oben Unten