• Private Kleinanzeigen von Bassisten für Bassisten. Gewerbliche Angebote sind unerwünscht! Wir empfehlen Gesprächsverläufe mit Käufern/Verkäufern mit einem Screenshot zu dokumentieren, da wir nur im Klagefall Auszüge aus Gesprächsverläufen herausgeben können! Weitere Informationen zu den Kleinanzeigen findet ihr in den bassic.de Richtlinien für Kleinanzeigen.

Alembic Europa 5 2012 Preisupdate! [beendet]

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
zwartm

zwartm

Bassix
ß2.724
zwartm hat ein neues Inserat eingestellt:

Alembic Europa 5 2012 - Alembic Europa 5 2012

Hi there bassfriends,

Im selling my Alembic Europa 5 in the style of Jason Newsted(Metallica).
Maple body and neck, Ebony fingerboard with 24 frets and red side leds. Gold hardware and Shaller straplocks.
The 'PJ' initials at the 12th fret are from the first owner who ordered the bass from Alembic in 2012.
Has the beloved 6/12dB toggle switches for bass and treble boost.
Plus the tone control pot with the famous Q-switch for a wide variety of sounds.
This bass is in supermint condition. Not...

Weitere Informationen zu diesem Inserat ...

That's the same bass that was sold in this forum in the Netherlands at round about 4.500€ 2.5 years ago.

That's the same bass that was sold in this forum in the Netherlands at round about 4.500€ 2.5 years ago.
I don't see a problem?

According to Alembic price list 2023, Europa 5 with absolutely no extras will cost you 18.000 USD. Add also import duties, shipping and you will come well over 20k for a plain basic one.

I know a history of this bass, and this gentleman bought this exact Alembic in Holland in known bass shop, where nobody laughs really stupidly high prices.

P.S. Meanwhile everyone is liking the other europa 4 STRING for sale here for 6250 EUR. Again - i don't see a problem

P.S.S.
You said 2.5 years ago.
I have seen also people nowdays searching for Ken Smiths for 3500 eur, which won't happen ever again.
Wake up into present and have a nice day☮️🕊️

@johnny1982 - I don't see a problem here, do you? The seller can set an utopic price like he wants - he could also go up for 20k, not my cup of tea. Maybe you don't know about used bass prices, list prices, market regulation of supply and demand otherwise you would know that the prices you named are absolutely irrelevant for used basses which are not that much asked for. The Alembic "stock speculation" and how they are in the end sold are a different pair of shoes. Well, I owned Alembics and also sold some 👌This forum is from bass players to bass players, a place of fairness. Have you also noticed the surprising price jumps of this Bass? 😉😉 Welcome to reality 👟🥕

I don't see a problem here, do you?
Stupid question. Obviously it seems the asking price is something that is bothering you a lot quite frankly.
If you had a problem with that, you easily could elegantly send a private message to the seller and discuss his price privately istead of going "internet troll/bass police" like and reacting with laughing smileys to his adds. Kindergarden and really a "place of fairness"!

The seller can set an utopic price like he wants - he could also go up for 20k, not my cup of tea.
Exactly. Not YOUR cup of tea. (and eventually not your price range neither)

Maybe you don't know about used bass prices, list prices, market regulation of supply and demand otherwise you would know that the prices you named are absolutely irrelevant for used basses which are not that much asked for. The Alembic "stock speculation" and how they are in the end sold are a different pair of shoes. Well, I owned Alembics and also sold some 👌
Not going "Tarzan like" here, but i have owned around 150 mostly boutique basses over 20 years, so i would assume i have some experience with bass market prices. Not here to decide.

I am not sure about your nonsense about market regulation, supply and demand thing you are talking about : this is not a stock or crpto market. Every company has the right to set their prices as high they want.
Alembic is no exception. You don't pay only for the product here, but the whole philosophy behind and a lifetime of their dedication. It is not a brand you want to compare to Mayones, Spector, Korean Dingwalls, USA or Mexican Fenders, you name it. All these basses are losing the price and will continue losing it. They are "verbrauchsmaterial". Alembic (and the other top tier boutiqe brands) is not just an instrument but a piece of art.
It's as stupid as comparing KIA, Hyundai, Mazda, Skoda and others to Bugatti. What a nonsense. I can't even belive i am discussing this:lechz:
He is asking less than a third of a price you would pay for it ordering directly from Alembic (excluding leds, custom options, VAT, etc etc)

Don't want to be rude and want to address this constructively. Pre-Corona times are gone. You won't ever find Boutique basses for the 2018 prices anymore ever again. 4k-ish foderas, 3k-ish smiths, 3k-ish Alembics second hand... dream on.
(maybe just having luck finding someone selling one not having a clue)
Not to mention the inflation here.

And last but not least... I know the history of this particular bass very well, and i will repeat myself... This man bought it from a relevant bass store in Holland for less than he is offering the bass for.
Yet - nobody is laughing on the over the top pricing this store has on most of their basses constantly... (selling 80s Alembic series 1 for 15k currently).
And speaking about the fairness... I don't understand what is unfair here?
Is the seller trying to rip off someone? Or you maybe missed a good time for buying it yourself... Or the bass is just out of your budget?

Who knows - i think if this is as you say a place of fairness, you could ask a seller about the price privately and not spamming all his adds with a laughing smileys.
My two cents.
👟🥕👟🥕👟🥕👟🥕

IMG_7586 (1).jpg

Stupid question you say? Looks like you have a severe problem with my statement and you are so triggered that you already loose objectivity 😁 Keep cool buddy, no need to get into "Rächer der Enterbten" mode 😉 If it would bother me a lot I would have texted the owner already. I can stand it, believe me 😁 So then I guess we are meeting on eye to eye level if it comes to bass transaction experience - although I did most of my transactions internationally and outside of Bassic.
Wrong, at least Spector can keep closely up if it comes to quality, woods and built consistency in their top tier range. Of course we are talking about a small +1 but at a certain range these are only nuances, not more. Besides that you used "Verbrauchsmaterial" in a very wrong context (versuchs eher mal mit Saiten), it looks like you need to bring the obvious to the table 🙈 Please lecture us also why a Fender Mexico is not as expensive as a Tobias bass - at least it may satisfy your "Captain Obvious" Klugscheißertrieb 😁 Philosophy you mentioned... Piuh, maybe explain that to someone that is not already familiar with prices, quality and pros/cons of individual top tier bass brands... or write a book. My point was the topped used bass price for this one specifically - totally odd to come up with "why Alembic prices are high generally". If you have gained some knowledge with the real selling price range of USED Alembics from PRIVATE persons (not music shops for christ sake! You are consequently comparing "Äpfel mit Birnen" ) then you can come back to this conversation, maybe 2026. Jokes aside - Your view of the bass used market may need some correction because not all (you excluded) are jumping to the Post-Corona babeling bs justification of odd prices for used basses. Your generalization shows that you have a strong opinion (which is okay for me) that might work for you, but not for me buddy. Not with the intention to flex you but if I wanted to buy basses that cost 10/20k, I would be in the lucky situation to buy some, cash, right of the shelf if I am in the mood for 🥳 Comparing an Alembic Series 1 (worth wise) with this nuja middle class Europa is in fact what you preached before not to do excessively 😁 Maybe practice what you preach!? By the way - this is the discussion page, not the advertisement. Nevertheless, I guess we have some different thoughts on the "Preisgestaltung" which is beyond our influence. I hope you are now able to have a relaxing weekend and can calm down a bit 😅
👻🥥

Hi, very nice bass:great:, love it.
What's the weight? Is it neck-diving?
The string spacing is ...
Thanks & cheers,
Milan

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.