Dexter's Workshop (englisch)

Thanx for great support Felix and welcome Dexter! I also can't wait for the preamp and think about the 19" :-)

Thank you all for you more than kind words. Already talked to Felix about the 19" version but it will take some time to put it down on the line - but the good news is that it is totally doable.
Night now I'm waiting to finish with the preamps and then i will start the design process for a 19" version with some twists.
Soon i will post some pictures around with the production process.

Regards,
DeX

Thank you all for you more than kind words. Already talked to Felix about the 19" version but it will take some time to put it down on the line - but the good news is that it is totally doable.
Right now I'm waiting to finish with the preamps and then i will start the design process for a 19" version with some twists.
Soon i will post some pictures around with the production process.

Regards,
DeX

Hi @DeXTeR

Welcome to bassic!
Can't wait to get THE PREAMP.
Is there some kind of Lowcut or Highpassfilter included?

@DeXTeR could you please list some technical specs for your preamp, as I'm interested in buying one - especially the output impedance. Just need to know if it fits my needs. Thanks in advance.

Hallo Liebe Leute, Gabriel aka Dexter wird sich hier bald vorstellen. Er ist ein äußerst sympathischer Elektroingenieur aus Bukarest und entwickelt Gitarren und Bassequipment.

Da er leider kein Deutsch spricht geht es hier also auf englisch weiter.
bassic
Die größte deutschsprachige Bassplattform :rofl:

That is partially correct. Usually by impedance missmatch would translate in the first stage in a loss of power transfer and some attenuation of the freq. depending on what is the missmatch factor.
The output of the preamp is around 65Vpp which ca pe used to attack directly an output stage of any kind and still have a very good power and freq. transfer especially for bass.
And i' ve wanted to retain as much of the original f2b because even that missmatch if there is any would contribute to the tone. The only question that remains is: do i like the tone or i don't like it
But the 19" rack version will have an integrated DI. with a standard 600ohm balanced output ( 600 ohms which are in theory because many manufacturers skip this stage )

Regards,
DeXTeR

Ok, that is similar to the Alembic and may create problems with amps that have an impedance lower that 10K.

http://www.alembic.com/prod/f2b.html

That is partially correct. Usually by impedance missmatch would translate in the first stage in a loss of power transfer and some attenuation of the freq. depending on what is the missmatch factor.
The output of the preamp is around 65Vpp which ca pe used to attack directly an output stage of any kind and still have a very good power and freq. transfer especially for bass.
And i' ve wanted to retain as much of the original f2b because even that missmatch if there is any would contribute to the tone. The only question that remains is: do i like the tone or i don't like it
But the 19" rack version will have an integrated DI. with a standard 600ohm balanced output ( 600 ohms which are in theory because many manufacturers skip this stage )

Regards,
DeXTeR
Thank you for clearing that up. I was going by what was stated on the Alembic page and don't know the details of how both implementations are alike or different.

I was telling you about the ParaBoost which in essence is a Parametric EQ + a very linear booster.
The boost part is after the EQ so basically you can boost your shaped signal. Here you have some measurements (those are real measurements and not simulations) - as you can see the freq. response is very linear on all audio spectrum (except for the modified band)
The controls are: freq / Q /boost-cut / master boost

And the artwork for the preamps is ready too
artwork.jpg

Zurück
Oben Unten