Dexter's Workshop (englisch)

Question for you all:
Would you consider useful on the paraboost - parametric booster to have a potentiometer for the Q control? Or do you think it would be better to have a switch with 2 positions wide / narrow ?
Still thinking about this.

Regards,
DeX

Question for you all:
Would you consider useful on the paraboost - parametric booster to have a potentiometer for the Q control? Or do you think it would be better to have a switch with 2 positions wide / narrow ?
Still thinking about this.

Regards,
DeX
Easier would be a switch and probably useful enough...

My thought exactly :-) and regarding the fact that you will be the beta tester ...well. I don't think that you actually need a continuous way to modify the Q
On a totally different note approaching the finish ... God there were many ... :-)) :-))

If I have only this 2 oportunities than I would like the switch.
But I saw (I think it was on the Fender TBP-1) where the Q was automatically chosen by the cut/boost pot. More you boost a frequency more wider gets the F-Response. And if you start to cut, the F-Response goes tighter. This is because, maybe not for everyone, if you cut Frequencies, you might want to eleminate some resonating frequencies, and so you like a filter with a higher q. If you boost frequencies you want to colorize your sound, and with this in mind, a smaller Q (wider filter) would sound better.
Just my two cents.

This seems very true to me, a small QBoost would have been needed only once in my Experience: A stage killing the D. IIRC H&K did something like that in their Bassbase-Amps.

Ok ...so the preamps are done and delivered to Felix...

preamps.jpg

It was one of the biggest projects that i've worked on in the musical field and i have to say that ... it really pulled me white hairs, but now that is finished ... is very rewarding.
I would like to thank Felix for given me such an opportunity and i hope you guys will enjoy it (if some users that are going to receive the preamps are here).
For any question, problem or anything else i can be found:
- here on the forum
- email: dexter@dextersworkshop.com
- phone: +40-723 168 135
- Facebook: Dexter GT
So please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
DeX

I heard "the Preamp" again this week @f_luxus. Can't wait to receive my own one. Nice work Dex!

Zurück
Oben Unten