Please help: Clover Bass

mariosalopek

mariosalopek

Bassix
ß4.441
Hi

Could anyone help with this. I have an option for trade for this one Clover bass:

bas-gitara-clover-slika-48713710.jpg

bas-gitara-clover-slika-48713715.jpg

bas-gitara-clover-slika-48713716.jpg

Could anyone tell me what model is this and how much does it worth.

Thx

Body and controls layout lead to the Clover Apeiron... Pickup / PU position and especially PG shape are confusing...
Probably a very early model or custom made...
Try to reach Jörg Neugebauer - he used to be the owner of Clover, and he aldo worked there before he owned the company... he should know for sure... however, he is sometimes hard to contact, and, as he sold Clover last year, I am not sire wether he still works for them... Good luck!

Market prices are always difficult.... I would say round about 600€... but without any guarantee. Maybe you can add some Money when the Bass is in a very good condition or if the bass "speaks" to you..

...could be right... but then it must have been an old version of the Xpression... the newer ones look very different, esp. PU configuration and electronics layout...
This here is an old Apeiron: http://www.guitarmaniacs.de/html/users/saitenreiter/saitenreiter-bass-clover2.shtml
In their History, Clover went through many different phases - especially PU and Electronics... remember, the founders of Clover are now running Delano...
Some of rhe old Clover basses, such as the Slapper, are still in demand... the reputation and market value of the newer models was destroyed by Clover themselves (eBay, etc.)... unfortunately, because they are wonderfully crafted and well sounding instruments...
Difficult to determine value, but you can easily find relatively new Avengers below 700 - 800 Euros (used to be around 1500 in stores only 2 years ago)... I would guess yours is significantly below that...

Edit: just saw Willy's comment and would agree...

Hello, guys! I found a Clover Xpression similar to the one posted by MarioSalopek! Any opinion? Value? Price is 500 euros! Thanks!!

here is the link! Price dropped to 500 and the seller changes potentiometers because on active mode (he never uses it, and whenever he used it it was on passive) they have some issues.
Bartolini pickup (still comes with the original delano one), hard case. He bought in 2008, it is in really good condition and craftmanship is really high-end! I played it today, I like it and I think I'll go for it. What do you say?

Thank you very much, as I said I'm very tempted and I think I'll be a proud clover owner. The point is, used clover resale is not quick, so if I take, that would be for keeping it for a long time. I guess I'll go with it, though!
Thanks again!

Zurück
Oben Unten