Fender Precision Classic 50s PickUp Tausch

[QUOTE = "StonerGreg, post: 16785640, member: 77469"]
[USER = 73911] @kodiakblair [/ USER]: Are these PBXN really that good? Quarterpounder-like output with more mids? Duncan Hot P? Or something completely different?
[/ QUOTE]
Organising my father's funeral this afternoon. When I get a spare minute I will record the Duncan and Entwistle. Easiest way to judge for yourself 👍

[QUOTE = "StonerGreg, post: 16785653, member: 77469"]
In view of the circumstances: Thanks lot, mate! 🍺
[/ QUOTE] Afraid my mind is not 100% on the job so only very short snippets. Pickup heights on both basses are the same. All recording levels and vol pots etc are the same.
Zodiac with Duncan's recent Rotosound Nexus 45 to 105. Zodiac with Entwistles has old D'Addario 45 to 105.

The screenshots from Audacity show the difference in pickup signal. Clips are treble rolled off then on. As thread concerns Precision pickups only the split-P was recorded.

Duncan Zodiac.jpgEntwistle Zodiac.jpg

Anhänge

• Duncan Zodiac.mp3
    731,7 KB · Aufrufe: 293
  • Enstwisle Zodiac.mp3
    692,9 KB · Aufrufe: 301
That's awesome, thanks very much, highly appreciated! :prost:

Which Duncan pickup was used for this recording?

[QUOTE = "StonerGreg, post: 16785826, member: 77469"]
That's awesome, thanks very much, highly appreciated! :cheers:

Which Duncan pickup was used for this recording?
[/ QUOTE]Quarter Pounder.

[QUOTE = "StonerGreg, post: 16785845, member: 77469"]
Wow, looking like the PBXN are very high output pickups ...:O!
[/ QUOTE] The Quarter Pounder reads 11.5k resistance compared to 8.4k for the Entwistle.
Those high strength neodymium magnets allow more output with less wire winds.

Nice to see my thread back. i need to say that is the original is on. But i think do give em an upgrade later in the year. My played basses in rehearsal chances from time to time and when the preci makes a break, i will chance pu. So any comment is worth and i read and check out everything.

Zurück
Oben Unten