How to convert a Fender AM Precision 5-String into a PJ 5-String?

beegee

beegee

Bassix
ß204
Hi there,
I a m having a Fender American Precision 5-String and want to replace the PU and add a Bridge PU. Which are the best PUs and passiv electronics?
Thanks in advance!
Best, Boris

Hi Boris,

what are you searching for?
Clearity, Power, more smooth Tone, more aggressive Tone, do you use Roundwounds, flatwounds, Rock, Pop, Jazz etc etc?

THE best Pickups is very individual. There are tons of great replacement PUs out there, but wich of them will suit you depence on your musical, style, sound etc.

Cheers.

I am looking for a more powerful tone with roundwounds for rock, pop, soul, fusion, etc. As well I need to go from P-bass to PJ-bass with regards to the passive electronic. Are there such differences as well?

Thanks for your reply. I am from Germany - I will look at there specs. Further recommendation of other members?

Nordstrand or Aguilar are good brands. There are also Kloppman or Bassculture from germany, they are both great pickup designers.

Where are you living in Germany? Please tell us the city or region to help you find a luthier for doing the job.

Cheers Hen

I just viewed the website of Kloppmann and listened to some soundfiles - I like them :-) - Thanks for mentioning the name ... !!!

Zurück
Oben Unten