The Who im Studio (mit Pino Palladino)

French

French

Bassix
ß79.765
The Who sind im Studio - mit Pino Palladino am Bass.
Pete Townshend dokumentiert ein paar Eindrücke in einem Vlog und dabei gibt es sowohl interessante Einblicke in die Studiotechnik als auch von Pinos Equipment:

Ok. Dann passt was "interessantes" über Franzosen und Engländer ;-)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich hab auch noch verweigern dürfen...
Aber zurück zu the Who: da spielt Pino unter anderem einen Danelectro-Bass, vielleicht in Anlehnung an John Entwistle... Sehr schön!

einen Danelectro-Bass, vielleicht in Anlehnung an John Entwistle.
Fritz Egner hat heut abend im Radio Roger Daltrey gewürdigt, der ist heut 75 geworden. Da ist unter anderem "My Generation" gelaufen und ich hab extra aufs Baßsolo aufgemerkt. Es hieß ja, John hätte den Dano wegen der roundwounds gekauft, da sei eine (oder mehrere) gerissen und er hätte mangels round wounds in den Geschäften einen weiteren Dano gekauft und nachdem da auch eine Saite gerissen sei das Solo mit seinem Fender gespielt...

Es hieß ja, John hätte den Dano wegen der roundwounds gekauft, da sei eine (oder mehrere) gerissen und er hätte mangels round wounds in den Geschäften einen weiteren Dano gekauft und nachdem da auch eine Saite gerissen sei das Solo mit seinem Fender gespielt.
Ich kenne die Geschichte so, dass er mehrere von den Dano Longhorns gekauft hat, das mit dem Fender ist mir neu :-)

So, habe was dazu gefunden (http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/bass/bass6066.html), das hat the Ox dazu gesagt:

“I bought this Danelectro bass and it had these tiny, thin wirewound strings on. They were so thin, they sounded just like a piano, an unbelievably clear sound. The only thing was that you couldn’t buy these strings. When we recorded ‘My Generation,’ I ended up with three of these Danelectros just for the strings. The last one I had, the string busted before we actually got into the studio to re-record it, so I did it on a Fender Jazz in the end with tape-wound La Bella strings.”

“I played that solo on a Jazz bass with tapewound strings through a Marshall 50 watt and 4×12. Interestingly, the bass solos on the earlier takes were much more complicated, and played on a Danelectro which had a much more piano-like sound. It was a medium scale bass with a two-octave neck. The trouble was that the strings were so thin that I kept breaking them. We’d record during the day and, to finance the sessions, we were playing gigs nearly every night, and inevitably I’d break a string. None of the music shops had any replacement strings and no string manufacturers made replacement strings thin enough for Dano basses then, so I had to go down to Marshall’s and buy a new Dano for £60. I ended up with three new Danelectros, all with busted strings! In the end I busted my last string at the third attempt and there weren’t any more in the country. I thought, ‘Fuck it’, and went and bought myself a Fender Jazz bass and a set of La Bella strings, and played the solo with that. But it was a different sound and a simplified, slowed-down version of the solos on previous takes.”

Zurück
Oben Unten