Nach der Aufklärung: Der Mighty Mite Bass is da...

tja, jetzt haste es vorweg genommen: ich konnte gestern nicht anderes und habe weiter gebastelt: neue potis rein, die alten waren doch schwerst abenteuerlich. schaut mal hier...

Anhang anzeigen 200926

ansonsten habe ich den stringtree ausgetausch (fender passt einfach besser) und die flügel der mechaniken gereinigt, was doch erstaunlich ist, was sich da so ansammelt....

Anhang anzeigen 200925

ach ja, das wichtigste: der bass is ein kind der 80er also los und entsprechendes an PU s drauf: schaller PBX und schaller JBX, creme und siehe da: genau dafür gebaut! jetzt passt alles zusammen! klingt wie ein 80er PJ bass, was ich suchte für mein side projekt.

Anhang anzeigen 200927 Anhang anzeigen 200928

what do you think about this Mighty Mite fretless bass? I just bought it on ebay.de and was the only bidder!

Anhänge

• P1010560c.jpg
    P1010560c.jpg
    94,2 KB · Aufrufe: 277
  • P1010562c.jpg
    P1010562c.jpg
    126,6 KB · Aufrufe: 219
  • P1010558.JPG
    P1010558.JPG
    154,1 KB · Aufrufe: 240
  • s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    33,5 KB · Aufrufe: 255
  • s-l500c.jpg
    s-l500c.jpg
    8,9 KB · Aufrufe: 230

Do you think less than 275 euro is too expensive (incl. gigbag, guitar stand, leather strap and guitar cable)?

I must say that the advert was a bit unclear: a Fender copy and unsure about the actual brand name (nowhere visible, except when taking off the neck). So no one else than me was interested.

Do you think less than 275 euro is too expensive (incl. gigbag, guitar stand, leather strap and guitar cable)?

I must say that the advert was a bit unclear: a Fender copy and unsure about the actual brand name (nowhere visible, except when taking off the neck). So no one else than me was interested.

yes, very unclear! that was the reason for no offer. has the neck a label ? for me: the jackplate looks strange and not very esthetic.

what do you think about this Mighty Mite fretless bass? I just bought it on ebay.de and was the only bidder!
I think it looks good. It is most likely a parts bass, but that is what Mighty Mite does, building Fender licensed parts. The neck looks nice too so if it sounds good there is no problem to me.
(https://mightymite.com/)

They offered a much wider variety of bodys and necks back then.

Also, a jackplate like this was very common in the 70ies und early 80ies and can even be found on Fender Basses from the same time. It is just big enough to cover the cavity for the electronics.

Is there any stamp or something on the neck heel?

I think it is a nice bass.

Unfortunately there is no stamp or number on the neck heel (or elsewhere), so only the origin of body is clear to me.

The seller bought it in a music shop in Germany in the 80's and was the 2nd owner. At the shop they offered it as Rockinger (but thought it could also be a Mighty Mite; apparently they did not take the neck off).

The neck is a true piece of art with a beautiful ebony fretboard (in perfect condition). I think the short fret sidelines are pretty rare too (not plastic but wood inlays, probably maple). I suspect the neck may be from Rockinger (an early one), the string retainer at the headstock without a rim seems typical for that. Also the tuners look rather special with a bolt at the side to adjust the tension (and the axle at the back can be taken out for servicing. I can post a picture of this.

Everything is fully original on the bass, exactly as when bought new (or assembled) by the 1st owner:-).

Cheers, Peter

So it just seems to be an even better deal at 275,--€! Congrats! The neck alone would be around 400 at least if bought new today, so be happy!

meiner bleibt jetzt doch. nach langer überlegung un d diverser gespräöche mit potentiellen käufern bin ich zu der erkenntnis gekommen, dass ich für so einen PJ in gleicher qualität wahrscheinlich viel tiefer in die tasche greifen müsste, wenn ich ihn mir neu kaufen wollen würde, als das ich jetzt für den ollen mighty mite bekommen würde. kurz gesagt: er ist es einfach wert behalten zu werden. basta!

Zurück
Oben Unten