Nach der Aufklärung: Der Mighty Mite Bass is da...

Ohne jemandem zu Nahe zu treten: ich finde den Bass hässlich bzw sieht er aus, wie ein "selbst zusammengedengelter DIY Bass". Er mag klingen, aber auf Bühnen sieht man am Ende trotzdem die üblichen Verdächtigen.

Hinzu kommt, daß ich nach dem Vergleich von Mighty Mite Hälsen und All Parts sehr schnell von MM abgekommen bin.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Ich bekomm von MM ja immer Kopfschmerzen...

34600d83-bf65-46bd-b93f-48f07d031fd5._CR275,0,1100,2200_PT0_SX150__.jpg

Herewith a further contribution to this topic.

I don't agree with one of the comments above that a (true vintage) Mighty Mite bass is on the DIY level. In the seventies and early 80-ies (before the takeover by the current owner of the brand name in 1982) top-end custom bodies, necks (with exotic woods on order) and parts were produced in the US by the Mighty Mite workshop at that time (at the same level as Schecter). Also, complete basses were built from these US components in the early 80-ies in a limited series of 500 pieces by the famous luthier Peter Cook in the UK (the P/J model Mighty Mite Rock Bass II). Peter Cook became famous particularly as the luthier who designed and built many custom basses for John Entwistle of The Who during the eighties!

I was quite lucky to buy one of these Mighty Mite P/J basses (making a nice couple with my fretless Mighty Mite P/J bass that I posted earlier on this forum), It has serial no. 86, is in excellent original condition and is an absolute dream to play with a great sound. I have attached a picture of this bass (the one in the middle).

Cheers from the Netherlands and looking forward to further comments,

Peter

P1020202 cl.jpg
a nice

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Falls jemand gerade auf der Suche ist:

Der wird schon seit ewig und drei Tagen angeboten. Der Verkäufer scheint die Hoffnung nicht aufgeben zu wollen irgendeinen Doofen zu finden der tatsächlich so viel Geld für diesen Bass hinlegt.

Zurück
Oben Unten