Peavey Bässe

With the broken kneecap healed I returned to work in June. The Peavey clan were content and a rearrangement of the home gave the cat more space to lay about doing nothing :D

This week the same young Scotsman who alerted me to the TL-6 noticed Dynabass 5 for sale. How could I say no ? saved me building one :D
Dynabass 5.JPG

Yes I still have the Peavey sickness :bier:

@5mileSmile had a lovely peacock blue Cirrus in the fleamarket section. A recent re-arrangement of the house showed an uneven number of Peaveys.It also made a large clear area for Frog to run crazy,was concerned he was getting lazy. Bought one of those laser pointers and it's gave him new lease of life,in fact it's created a monster :D 9v batteries must be his preferred weight for tossing across the room.
Frog 2.jpg
Anyway with Frog happy I took the chance and bought the blue Cirrus. DHL were lousy and 5mileSmile had a hard time getting them to do their job,he was on holiday at the time so you can imagine the difficulty facing him. All good in the end though and Cirrus is settled in with the clan.
Cirri.jpg

Even numbers now too so the Peaveys are in balance :bier:

Acoustic bass is not my thing but when it says Peavey on the headstock I make exceptions :D

These Peavey Aberdeens were European only,definitely never sold in the US. It's a Far Eastern build and nicely put together. 34" scale with Mahogany neck,back and sides. Has an impressive book matched Alder top. The electrics are Artec re-badged as Peavey,another nice touch is a thin wooden veneer added to the preamp face.

Only a short run for these 1998 to 2002.
Peavey Aberdeen (3).jpg Peavey Aberdeen (1).jpg Peavey Aberdeen (2).jpg
There's actually quite a few nice touches like the abalone binding.
:bier:

Did some work on the Zephyr 5 :D A friend was playing and said " This would look great with gold hardware !".
Correct response should have been knocking him out B) Like a fool I listened :II

Now sporting Wilkinson ultralite type tuners and a Wilkinson bridge,Marshall amp knobs,Schaller strap locks and a brass nut :-) I did get some old preamps from Noll but in the end went back to a Tone Monster,previously it's had a cheap Belcat/Mings (I really liked that one) and an Artec SE2. Final touch may be mini switches for humbucker to single coil, I replaced the neck single coil for another Warman Jazzbar.
Zephyr 2.jpg Zephyr 3.jpg

:bier:

Shame on you [¦)]:D

By the way: No photo, no bass
4xQ5fqwb.jpg

1 photo, 2 Bass :D

English fella was moving home and had these 2 Wishbass Lobes for sale. The price was so good it would have been wrong not to buy them (£150 for the pair :-O). Very rustic,very simple (just volume pot). Stephen-W ,the builder, has strong views on bass design.

"Truss rod ? Frets ? Preamps ? A bass player needs none of these things" :D

They have thick necks but they are very comfortable. No D or C shapes here,Stephen just shapes them by hand and when he thinks it's right puts down the spoke shave.All built from local or reclaimed timber without the aid of big machinery. These 2 were made before this event :-(
wishbass fire.jpg
The old time homegrown theme continued after the fire,folk quickly rallied round to donate tools and raise funds to get Wishnevsky back on his feet. Pretty cool 8D

Ciao @kodiakblair

for that price this was a real must, I agree. By the way, in this forum there are a couple of Wishbass players. I have played one of those basses personally, interesting! Coming from the upright I was not that shocked, but still. However, once gotten a bit used to it, it is very challenging and can be inspiring.

Have fun, Cheers
claudio

Thanks Claudio

I did a search and found Wishbass in "Life after Precis" and a fretless thread.The MM in the maple needs the pickup rout made deeper,G string is too close. A simple task for a carpenter who treated himself to new router bits at Christmas :D

There has be a shake up here in "Scotland's Home for Wayward Peaveys". The Dynabass 5 string went back to it's original owner, his replacement bass didn't work out and I rarely played the Dyna 5. Was only right I returned it. The tiger eye Cirrus also found a new home. It's now in Norway :-)

A fretless Foundation has joined the ranks last week so before any other changes I had a "Gathering of the Clan". If I ever do this again I must enlist some help,far too many trips up and down stairs to arrange them then just as many trips after the photo.
Peavey 51 club .jpg

There has be a shake up here in "Scotland's Home for Wayward Peaveys". The Dynabass 5 string went back to it's original owner, his replacement bass didn't work out and I rarely played the Dyna 5. Was only right I returned it. The tiger eye Cirrus also found a new home. It's now in Norway :-)

A fretless Foundation has joined the ranks last week so before any other changes I had a "Gathering of the Clan". If I ever do this again I must enlist some help,far too many trips up and down stairs to arrange them then just as many trips after the photo.
Anhang anzeigen 203503
That must be all Kind of peavey basses.
Did you think about to open up a Museum with this ?

That must be all Kind of peavey basses.
Did you think about to open up a Museum with this ?
There's at least one bass from every series but not every variation within a series is present. For example there are Axcelerator 2-TEK (with 2-TEK bridge) and Forum AX (with Axcelerator preamp),I just have the plain Axcelerator 5 and Forum :-)
Sadly I don't think my Peaveys can compete with the other attractions we have locally :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Wheel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kelpies

Zurück
Oben Unten