Sammelbestellung Dexter's Preamp (Alembic F2B Clone)

So the buffer is finally ready and we have liftoff :-)
Made couple of measurements and turned out excellent
Here is the finished buffer
56659944-401822900612212-4198225262191575040-n.jpg

56189874-859975314342570-923214717902651392-n.jpg

And here you can see the frequency response for each section, along with the phase plot.
The noise floor is around -100db without an enclosure
And it sounds amazing .. it adds some punch and some clarity there.

TEST.png

PHASE.png

And phase plot under a heavy load.
Untitled2.png

hi dexter,

is there still a MK1 V2 preamp available? sounds like it could be the right thing for recording p-bass and my tele with a nice tube clean sound.

@bassstone there are around 18 more units available :-) this week i deliver 3 and i can start to build your own as soon as banzai would send the parts (should arrive in a week or so)

Regards,
DeX

hi dexter,

is there still a MK1 V2 preamp available? sounds like it could be the right thing for recording p-bass and my tele with a nice tube clean sound.

ok, ordered, look forward to it.
plan it to use with TPA-1 Poweramp Sim by Ignite and an additional IR loader.
Dexter->RME Fireface -> TPA-1 -> mixIR

Feature Idea for any future iteration:
wouldn't it be cool to have the option to use this as an additional clean channel for single-channel amp via 4-cable method like the victory v4 preamps ? So you go with the Instrument in the preamp and if bypassed you use the preamp of your amp and if switched on you use the dexter preamp directly into the fx-return/power-amp in.

VXPEDAL_3_2048x2048.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@bassstone for your order and support.
That is not a bad idea - i will have a look and see how it could be implemented ... but i do think that a bigger enclosure would be needed.

Ok guys ... it's on. The THE PREAMP MK2 release is sooner than i expected - i've modified the project a little bit but in the end i do think that it would be a very versatile tool
Description: full tube / high voltage bass preamp
Controls: Boost (up to 24db of boost) / Bass, Mid, Trbl (classic tonestack)
Internal controls: input pad -6db, bright switch, deep switch, high cut (high shift) switch
Filter (post tonestack): HPF, LPF, BPF with frequency and Q controls
Output: Unbalanced and balanced outputs (TS and TRS) with the option to have only the preamp output on the TS jack.

BASS-PRE1.png

BASS-PRE2.png

View1.png

Looks great @DeXTeR :great:

What kind of enclosure will you take for the Preamp or better: do you already know the size of the pedal?

The enclosure will be 188x120x57mm - that is Hammond D type enclosure - it was almost impossible to put 9 potentiometers in a smaller enclosure.
I mean... that's an BB-Enclosure.... with DI-Out and Topmount-Jacks... :D
8f420c42-fb52-4b1d-a263-95852acc5796-jpeg.277103

SCNR! I fully understand... with the tube, step-up-converter etc. it gets really hard to layout it properly.

I guess the HPF/BPF/LPF is SVF-based?

Not to mention that a 250V cap is 5 times bigger than a 35-50v cap.
Plus the necessary safety distance between traces and clerance.
And yes the filter is SVF

I mean... that's an BB-Enclosure.... with DI-Out and Topmount-Jacks... :D
8f420c42-fb52-4b1d-a263-95852acc5796-jpeg.277103

SCNR! I fully understand... with the tube, step-up-converter etc. it gets really hard to layout it properly.

I guess the HPF/BPF/LPF is SVF-based?

All right my dear friends. The boards for MK2 are sent for fab and should arrive in 14-15 days from now.
And then we will have the first prototype of the MK2 Bass preamp - and i'm very excited about it ... very very excited.

BASS-PRE-V1.png

BASS-PRE-V2.png

Zurück
Oben Unten