Dynacord Bass King T umbau auf Vollröhre

:D

Edit: Hab bis auf "meinen" alten nie wieder einen Dynacord Amp im echten Leben gesehen.

Auch wenns OT ist:
Ach doch, in Niederbayern weiß ich allein 5 Stück und letzte Woche hab ich in der Schweiz ( Brig) einen Emi2 zusammen mit dem Super- Echo in einem Musikladen durchs Fenster blinzeln gesehen.
Neugierig wie ich war hielt ich einen small- Talk mit dem sehr netten Verkäufer und aus der Nähe sah ich dass beide Teile aussahen wie frisch aus der Fabrik.....
@Beate: die Stückzahl ist mir auch geläufig.

Zum Thema: ich glaube auch dass der Bassking T klanglich gewinnt, wenn man die Transistor- Vorstufe durch was Röhriges ersetzt. Platz ist ja da...

Norbert

Danke.. Du hast recht; bin beruhigt.

Ich habe mich auch schon mit dem Gedanken einer ECC83-Vorstufe beschäftigt. Meine Idee war ein Fender-Tonestack, bei dem ggf. der Mittenregler als Trimmpoti ( nur 1x zum Anpassen) auf der Platine im Inneren bleibt. Dann wäre der Amp etwas "gevoiced", denn die Endstufe ist ziemlich linear ausgelegt.
Oder man bastelt sich im Eingang von einer der beiden Buchsen ein Filter, wie es im Bass-Eingang des Ur-Bassking vorkommt.
Allerdings habe ich da Zweifel, ab nach dem 2. ECC83 System noch genug Spannung für die Ansteuerung der Endstufe bleibt ( kann Beate sicher genau abschätzen).

Viel Spass jedenfalls beim Basteln

Norbert

Zum Thema: ich glaube auch dass der Bassking T klanglich gewinnt, wenn man die Transistor- Vorstufe durch was Röhriges ersetzt. Platz ist ja da...

Sehr sogar. Genau das habe ich schonmal gemacht. Sogar unter Verwendung der Original-Potis, sodass ich die Knöpfe weiterverwenden kann. Allerdings nicht in dem kleinen Bassking, sondern dem ganz großen Bruder (G-2000, auf dem Mywatt).

Der Bassking und der Emi daneben sind aus der ersten Serie mit Röhrenvorstufen. Die klingen viel besser als die späteren Geräte.

DSC_3047 Kopie.JPG

Hallo ! :-) Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, kann ich in Englisch fragen ?

Proud owner of a (wooden case model) Dynacord Bass-King T here, want to get a cabinet to pair it with. What would you use for the vintage look and sound ? For the moment i am looking into pairing it with the 2x12 (4ohm - needs rewiring) or 1x15 (8ohm - okay) Hellborg cabinets from Warwick...
But does anybody have any plans/schematics for a period correct Dynacord cab ? B90,D90,D50,D100 ... !?!? anything, really. My research didn't lead to anything. Apart from that ... Sehr gute Bass Topteil, mein ist alles Original, mit Telefunken Röhren ! :rolleyes:

Und Danke Schön für die zukünftigen Antworten !:bier:

edit : using this forum as the people here seem really knowledgeable about the old Dynacord gear. Certainly more pages about the Bass-King T than any other forum it seems :bier::bier:

Speakerwise the best thing You can use is the JBL K130 (used at that time by Dynacord, if i remember correctly). Alternative is, of course, the EV 15L. Both sound good and have a huge efficiency. If You prefer 12" speakers, i would go for 2 EV12L. Or their recent reproductions, the Oberton 15L400 resp 12L300.

The OT actually has outputs for 4, 8 and 16 Ohms, even if these are not connected to Jack sockets.

For infos on the original cabs You might want to check www.el-me-se.de

Thanks for the quick reply 😀 . In the end only el-me-se has the measurements, but i was asking more in terms of how the original cabinets look like on the inside. I will check those repro speakers too. Vielen Dank !!!🍺

The repro speakes will run perfectly in enclosures analogously to the TL806 resp TL606.
These cabs can of course be built in "Dynacord Design" which wasn't very consistent at that time. Which means a cab with rounded corners, dark grey tolex and a silverface Fender front cloth will match fairly well. If You wand to end up with something "typically Dynacord" You might imitate the optics of the D35 which is a 212 cab.

The internal design depends mostly on the actual speaker, of course. A doubled TL806 would be a safe bet on a 212.

Hello,

After some searching, I've decided on a Warwick Hellborg 2x12 cab for my Dynacord, and let the guitarist take over the 4x10 Fender bass cab (stoner rock |)) but here comes a new thing :ugly: :

Well from what i've read, the 40watt version of the Bass-King won't melt new tubes like the 80w version does and even though the old Telefunkens sound pretty neat, i've been reading on some people getting good results with new tubes. Have you switched yours ? Did you find a brand that gets along well with the amp ? JJ seems to be the go-to tube but, maybe you can point me to something just as good if not better :D

Well, the 40W power stage does not use unusually high voltages, just around 450W, and the seem to be biased pretty cold. So no problem beyond whet we're used from other El34 amps.

Regarding the larger power stages: it is current, not voltage which kills the tubes. And i have heard rumors (not verified) that the recent tubes need somewhat smaller control grid resistors than the recent amps. Indeed the (total) grid leaks of those amps are at the upper limit, strictly spoken slightly above.

I have also heared rumors that recent KT77 and EH EL34 would withstand the oprating conditions of the high voltage stages better that the Standard JJ EL34.

Sound wise the JJ EL34 is really good in those amps, better that TFK or RCF tubes with many hours of operation.

Schöne Sammlung haste da Beate
Einer fehlt ihr aber noch in der Sammlung: Ich hatte mal einen Dynacord BA 300, den ich in einem Anfall geistiger Umnachtung für ein Taschengeld verkloppt habe. Und solch einen Amp im roten Gehäuse hatte ich auch mal, dazu eine 2x12" Solton Box in gleicher Farbe. Achje, ist das lange her, muss wohl zur Zeit meiner ersten Schülerband gewesen sein, damals noch als Gitarrist.

Zurück
Oben Unten