Harley Benton Home - Im Land der Billigheimer

Welche Schulnote gebt Ihr den HB Bässen im Allgemeinen?

• Ich habe verschiedene Noten vergeben, da unterschiedlich zufrieden

Die Ergebnisse sind erst nach der Abstimmung sichtbar.
Ich hatte gerade den PU-Aschenbecher anmontiert und muss schon sagen, das irritiert doch etwas beim Spielen! :D
Bei der einfachen Figur kein Problem, bei schnellen Läufen quer über alle Saiten.. da muss man sich dran gewöhnen. (Wenn man die Optik der Chrom-Cover möchte)

[QUOTE = "Shazam, post: 16973824, member: 1314"]
I had just installed the PU ashtray and I have to say that it irritates something when playing! : D
No problem with the simple figure, with fast runs across all strings ... you have to get used to it. (If you want the look of the chrome cover)
[/ QUOTE]
40 years ago I removed the PU ashtray from my P-bass. Occasionally I will fit them again.
The visual appeal is good but the impact on playing too great.

Best say nothing about bridge ashtrays : D

Frohe Pfingsten
Ich habe meine HB P50 mal gepimpt.....
Faker Logo mit geschnitztem PStyle Headstock..... Neuer Lack übers Plastik Finish und den Pickup geschwärzt.....
Das Ding klingt im Übrigen wirklich gut........
Hab so 20 Gigs gespielt.....
Die Musiker Polizei war IMMER schwerst begeistert.....
Jetzt Pimpe ich mal einen HP PJ 4 als Fakeland, ich muss nur noch schauen wie ich das Geezer Butler Pickguard in black Stripes hinbekomme.....
Schönen Sonntag

IT IS allways in your Mund💥

Schaut mal hier.....
Genial. Und....es tönt sehr FETT

[QUOTE = "DieterASchmitz, post: 16973871, member: 77350"]
Happy Pentecost
I pimped my HB P50 .....
Faker logo with carved PStyle headstock ..... New paint over the plastic finish and the pickup blackened .....
The thing sounds really good by the way .... ....
I played 20 gigs .....
[/ QUOTE]
I. know an English player who did the same. Rock 'n' Roll Revival tour lasting 2 years.
His PB-50 traveled 1000's of km and played 100's of gigs. It survived the rigors of the road :-)

Vielleicht sollte man einen solchen Bass dann auch nur mit Flats spielen, aber der Ton ist einfach nicht meiner.. Die Soundfiles sind klasse !

[QUOTE = "Shazam, post: 16974151, member: 1314"]
Maybe you should only play such a bass with flats, but the sound is simply not mine. The sound files are great!
[/ QUOTE] I spent 30 years playing round wound strings. When the first PB-50 arrived I knew instantly it was a bass for flats or tapes.

Bought tapes as soon as the shops opened the next morning :-)
The 2nd 50 got TI jazz flats. A 3rd has Fender flats, the 4th La Bella flats.

I. do keep round wound on the Fender Paisley : D

I tested both. Bought my first ever flats (Fender) an I understand what they do. But every time I hear and play a roundwound loaded bass the sun goes up. I think it depends on the music that you are doing. I'm not into retro kind of music. But I love the look and feel of the single coil Ps. Don't know yet what it will be in the end..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

I tested both. Bought my first ever flats (Fender) an I understand what they do. But every time I hear and play a roundwound loaded bass the sun goes up. I think it depends on the music that you are doing. I'm not into retro kind of music. But I love the look and feel of the single coil Ps. Don't know yet what it will be in the end..
Idea....Check the Elixier nanoweb.....No sliding Trash from Stings.but feel from flatwounds and Sound from brilliant roudwound....

@Shazam

The Glasgow ebay seller has been in contact.

Arrangements have been made for this Sunday regarding the later PB-50 PG.

Hopefully I will be able to take an A/B photo.

I put on the flats again. I think I can't tell without band. Bass alone... well the impression might be wrong !

Well, it's certainly a good sound, I like that too, beeing a Yamaha BB Player myself for decades now :-)

[QUOTE = "Shazam, post: 16974974, member: 1314"]
Well, it's certainly a good sound, I like that too, beeing a Yamaha BB Player myself for decades now :-)
[/ QUOTE]
I. wasn't aware of the fella. A quick Google fixed that :-) Given his tone I wasn't surprised by his track record.
Have you noticed that lads playing with busy guitarists favor a brighter glassy tone? Billy Sheehan springs to mind.

Probably deep heavy bass tone overpowers the guitar.

In my opinion Billy Sheehan has everything but a glassy tone! I always wondered why he is using such a """bad""" tone. Not from his fingers obviously ! :-)

Zurück
Oben Unten