Peavey Bässe

Some time ago i was searching for an peavey zephyr 5 string, but the only one i could find was owned by a seemingly not trustworthy guy with kinda weird conditions for payment...

So i was really happy as had the chance to get my hands on an even more good looking Zephyr. Located in Italy but i could not resist! I asked the seller if i could make a reservation on the bass till i got the money together... and now i am proud to be the new owner.
This wouldn't had happend, if kodiakblair hadn't shown me the bass, as i would've never found it on my own, so special Thanks to you!

20180428_104152.jpg 20180423_180134.jpg

A few month back I mentioned to a T-45 owner that I thought 1 Vol,2 Tone was a poor idea. I find once you balance the Tone pots that's you done,any changes on the fly cause massive drops in volume.

2 Vol,1 Tone wired parallel would be better,problem is T-40 pickups are wired series :-(

Answer = Foundation body + bridge, T-40 neck. Warman MM Humbucker
AaObpopm.jpg

Of course it was not that simple,Foundations are routed for 2 pickups. The pickup position was set by the need to hide those pickup holes. Tight to the neck and bridge pickup hole was exposed.
3OWNlz5m.jpg

Hide the pickup and scratchplate stops short of the neck:(!
xdiRAsom.jpg

I can live with the gap at neck pocket :-) Next problem was the Foundation had a 21 fret neck and the T-40 is only 20 :(!
Grabbed a spare 21 fret neck and I was back in business:D

HCUQJrfm.jpg

The pickup position means it's a bright sounding bass so I might add a varitone pot or string with flats :bier:

Hi!
I found this nice bass at a flea market and thought it was a Grind bass. It's not. Apparently this is a Zephyr. When I saw it I wanted to change the pickups but after hearing the bass, I immediately changed my mind. It sounds very very good, with an articulated growl. If I find time to play it once in a while I will keep it. It plays really well, it's not too heavy and the sound could very well be from a bass 8 times its price!
-Alex

IMG_20190723_0753494.jpg
IMG_20190723_0753213.jpg
IMG_20190723_0753582.jpg
IMG_20190723_0752588.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@Alex84

Very nice :-) Those pickups are 4 wire so series/parallel or tapped are an option. Also extremely well made basses,I have a friend in Ghana has been playing his every day for 12 years.

Hi!
Is anybody interested in buying the aforementioned Zephyr bass? I need space and will start selling instruments now. I'm willing to make a good price for the bassic Peavey-Club. :-)

Hat jemand Interesse daran, den oben gezeigten Zephyr Bass zu kaufen? Die Herde ist zu groß geworden und ich brauche einfach mehr Platz. Für euch hier im Peavey-Club gibt's einen Spezialpreis! :-)

Ich würde ihn für 220€+Versandkosten verkaufen.
-Alex

Hi!
Is anybody interested in buying the aforementioned Zephyr bass? I need space and will start selling instruments now. I'm willing to make a good price for the bassic Peavey-Club. :-)

Hat jemand Interesse daran, den oben gezeigten Zephyr Bass zu kaufen? Die Herde ist zu groß geworden und ich brauche einfach mehr Platz. Für euch hier im Peavey-Club gibt's einen Spezialpreis! :-)

-Alex

No Fender...no deal :D

Hi!

-Alex

Hätte ich das Geld würde ich ohne zu zögern zuschlagen.

Ich zeige euch gern mal meinen „neuen“ Peavey Foundation Bass aus den 80ern. Ich habe ihn vor einem halben Jahr in Heilbronn in einem Musikhaus gefunden. Der Verkäufer hatte mir D‘addario EXL Saiten empfohlen, die mächtig Alarm gemacht haben, aber auch etwas harsch waren - für meinen Geschmack. Seit heute sind Infeld 344 Rounds drauf und der Peavey klingt traumhaft nach Jazz Bass. Auch sehr geil ist der schlanke konturierte Mahagoni Korpus. Passt perfekt zum honiggelben Ahornhals. Und das ganze für knapp 300€. Ein echter Glückskauf.

Anhänge

• IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    120,6 KB · Aufrufe: 68

Zurück
Oben Unten