Peavey Bässe

Nice collection!

Are you also a big fan of Peavey-amplifier, or just the instruments?

I like the sound of the amps, but hate their weight.

Today was Peavey Day:D Again:D

This time a 91 Foundation so fitted with SFs pickups.Bringing the total to 4, I can now have 1 SFs bass with flats & 1 SFs bass with rounds.
The Foundations with soapbars will also be 1 strung with flats & 1 with rounds.

You know what they say " buildings are only as good as their Foundation " Mine are rock solid:-)
Anhang anzeigen 63027

...Peavey Day...!!! Yes, yes!

I like the amplifiers but these days never get a chance to use them, :-(
That means you don't play the bass guitars, you only stare at the wall and look at them?!? You don't have a band at all?
The Scottush hermit somewhere in a cottage deep in the highlands, sitting by the firside, drinking whiskey all night long...:O!|)...come on and let us know about the way it really is!

cheers
us

Before I invade England this weekend I'll leave you pondering these. Rudy Sarzo 91 & Cirrus USA 01
PICT0045.jpg
PICT0046.jpg

If I do not return for that accursed land remember and tell your grandchildren of the Lone Scotsman & his Clan of Peavey.

b_string_funk

I'm having trouble with the Sarzo so any advice will be welcome. The bass itself plays beautifully but I'm struggling with the EQ.
It seems very strong in the mids but if I drop the mids it's just getting boomy. I'm thinking of lowering the pickup on the bass side
to see if that helps. I know I'm not wording this correctly.

If you can remember any settings you used,they might give me a starting point to work with. At the moment I'm sounding like
Stanley Clarke without 1% of the talent. It could be the bass is just different to my normal which is any P-bass type with flats
or a foam mute,not the most original tone.

Hopefully in the time I'm away you can think of something I'd find useful. It will be appreciated.

KB

Tach Zusammen,
ich schreib mal lieber auf deutsch - alleine um den Muttersprachlern meine Englischkünste zu ersparen.
Ich hab seit zwei Wochen einen Peavey Cirrus aus den Staaten. So einen hab ich jahrelang gesucht, kürzlich in England gefunden und gleich zugeschlagen. Nun hab ich noch alles schön einstellen und abrichten lassen (weil manche hohen Bünde gescheppert haben) und nun isses der geilste Bass, den ich je hatte. Ich schwör´s. Saitenlage, Bespielbarkeit, Verarbeitung, Klangspektrum, ... so einen Bass hatte ich echt noch nicht in der Hand - und ich hatte sie ALLE! Nein, schmarrn, aber guckst Du das Bild.

Cirrus2.jpg

Ich konnte bislang allerdings in keinem Manual finden, was der untere Ring am Mittenregler genau tut. Regelt der etwa die Tiefmitten? Für die Peavey-Profis unter euch ist das bestimmt eine echt langweilige Frage, oder?
Viele Grüße!
klakie

Beautiful bass klakie. As I have no German I had to use translate, am i correct in thinking you have a dual concentric pot for the middle pot.
None of the pots on mine are dual so I have no answer. I will ask the Americans if any of them have the same.

Glückwunsch zu diesem Bass.
Der Doppelregler regelt im unteren Ring die Mittenfrequenz, im oberen Teil den Mittenpegel im Klangbild.
Ja, die Cirrus-Bässe aus USA sind zeitlose Spitzenteile. Ich spiele einen Fünfsaiter, der unglaublich ausgewogen klingt und mit seiner 35" Mensur eine besonders klare H-Saite liefert.

One of the Americans changed his preamp for a Peavey Custom Shop ( Millennium preamp ) it has a dual pot for sweepable mids.
I know mine is stock maybe yours has the upgrade:-)

Der Doppelregler regelt im unteren Ring die Mittenfrequenz, im oberen Teil den Mittenpegel im Klangbild.

Hallo Basserwisser, danke für Deine Antwort! Was meinst Du mit "Mittenpegel im Klangbild?" Meint das die "Bedeutsamkeit" der Mitten? Der obere Poti hat ja eine Mittenstellung wie auch die Bässe und Höhen. Da hätte ich also eine klassische EQ-Funktion vermutet. Kann es sein, dass der untere Ring, der ja keine Mittenstellung hat, den Pegel der Mitten regelt?

Zurück
Oben Unten