Sammelbestellung Dexter's Preamp (Alembic F2B Clone)

Man könnte entweder ein Doppelpoti (25k/250k) schalten, falls der Platz dafür ausreicht, oder einfach einen 220k Widerstand in Serie schalten. Der Widerstand deaktiviert dann das Poti und schaltet auf maximale Mitten.
That can also be made but would imply another switch :D and that would make 7 switches :D and in my experience as a builder, giving too much options is not so good for the final user :-)

I testet it at home in this moment and the gain structure is a lot better with mids after 12, cutting highs and boosting bass after DexPre is absolutly no Problem, that's how i handle the Preamp with my Markbass. I see also no problem with the 250k poti in midscooped settings, you should just realise that there's also a left direction :-)
If you're familiar with the vintage Bassman then it's a bit strange feeling i guess.

@goldbass got the modifications without the mid pot, because he like to have the mid as they are. In my own setup, I play very clean, I have no use of 3/4 of the mid range. So i put a 25k pot into my Dex. It‘s just as you like.
I like switches and I don‘t think there are too ugly. And I don‘t like to open the pedal every now and than i play with the sound.

https://soundcloud.com/f_luxus/valery-pilot-bass
Hier mal eine Pilotspur für ein Coverbanddemo nur mit dem Dex und dem Roxy B5 eingespielt, kein EQ, Keine Kompression.
Das kommt in meinen Ohren schon sehr schön Oldschool :-) Bin ganz zufrieden für so eine schnelle Aufnahme.
Bitte seht mir nach dass Gitarre und Bass nicht immer aufeinander sind, die Gitarre war nicht so tight, weshalb ich das meiste einfach nur auf Klick neu eingespielt hab.

Hello guys,
The order for the parts is placed and as soon as it will arrive, all the puzzle pieces will be in place.
4 bass preamps (V1-MK2) will be soon available (at this particular point only a 6 pcs. run will be available) - 2 are already sold and 4 are available for who is interested.
This is the only announcement that was placed as you guys have priority.
Please let us know if you are interested by contacting either Felix or me via PM.

Regards,
DeX

Hey män, I‘m in if you repeat all the festures to me. Is this the one with the DI Out and all the dip switches?

Am using it every night right now, rock solid.

Hello Stephan, the following features will be available on V1-MK2:

- input pad attenuation -6db
- deep switch
- high cut(shift) switch
- bright switch
- 20db output pad

The DI will be made in V2 but the footprint will be much much bigger than the current version.

Mein erster Eindruck war sehr positiv, aber auch sehr Höhenbetont, da ich zunächst ein Exemplar ohne "Bright Cab Switch" hatte. Das war mir persönlich zu britzelig, ich stehe aber auch absolut nicht auf sogenannte crispe Höhen. Dann habe ich eine Version mit besagtem Schalter erhalten und siehe da, that's my Style!

Den direkten Vergleich zu meinem Bassman 800 habe ich noch nicht vollziehen können, aber der Klang des passiven Tonestacks wirkt erstmal ähnlich und ich finde es gut, dass man den Preamp etwas mehr in Richtung Drive / Comp fahren kann. Die Zerre, welche bei viel Gain entsteht, sagt mir eher nicht zu, aber dafür habe ich Pedale.

Ein kurzes Wort zur Zuverlässigkeit:

Wahrscheinlich ist es noch zu voreilig, aber ich habe sieben Shows gespielt, wo das Pedal ohne Polster einfach auf mein Board geklettet ist, jeden Tag von Hands / Backlinern geschleppt wird und im Prinzip von 13 - 22:30 Uhr dauerhaft am Strom hängt. KEINE MUCKEN, KEINE AUSSETZER!

Der angeschlossene Duesenberg Triton hat, mit frischen Roundwounds, direkt am Ohr, einen recht rockigen Grundsound, der mit dem Mittenregler wunderbar für Popmusik gezähmt werden kann. Die sieben Shows waren allesamt alte Theatersäle oder ähnlich komplizierte Venues (für Bands nicht konzipiert).
Mit dem beschriebenem Mittenregler konnte ich mal mehr, mal weniger Boom erzeugen und mich gut auf die Raumakustik einstimmen.
Die vorgeschalteten TC Spectracomp & Amptweaker Tightdrive Jr harmonierten ganz wunderbar mit der Kiste, ich hatte einen dicken Sound auf den Kopfhörern - die Produktion ist komplett ohne Amps.

Nachtrag: Die Tour ist nun beendet: 16 Shows á 2,5h vor jeweils ca. 1500 Menschen, der Preamp war durchgehend eingeschaltet... NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM!

Es bleibt der erste Eindruck: Der Bright-Cab ist essentiell für mich und ich benötige noch immer ein anderes Mittenpoti, um einen feineren Regelweg zu ermöglichen. Eine integrierte DI wäre natürlich traumhaft.

@DeXTeR: How's that 1/2 19'' Rack Unit with DI and separate EQ for room only coming along? You said it is going to sound a little different, right?

Moin Leute ,
Ich bin sehr interessiert an der Mk2 Version (evtl. würde ich auch auf die DI warten ).
Wie ist der Stand der Dinge , kann ich die Mk2 direkt bei Dexter bestellen (nach D) oder bei einem von Euch ?
Habe etwas die Übersicht verloren und konnte nicht alles lesen.

@stephan - i'm very glad to hear that (according to Google translate seems that everything was OK and without a problem).
To answer your question: I do not have a time line for that particular MK-II project as the MK-I / V2 is in action right now.
The preamps will be available through the one and only Felix as he will be the only contact in DE and AT - of course i will honor the orders that are oing to be placed directly on site but i would strongly recommend to have Felix as our delivery buffer, i'm working with Felix since the beginning of this project.

Because the request for a DI output and some other goodies was so high, soon i will provide an addon-box that can be fitted with any version of the preamp which will allow you to have a DI output, a one band parametric eq and a HPF filter.
So basically you cannect the output of the preamp to this box and you will have that particular features.
That will be an universal tool and can be used with other instruments too - so you will have this option.
The price for this unit + the price of the preamp will be the same with the price of MK-II (when it will be available) as i try to keep a nice balance between those 2. Basically you will have the same features as the announced MK-II with a small additional unit that can also be used in other applications.

Regards,
DeX

First i would like to say that ... i'm quite pleased how the MK1-V2 preamp turned out.
The most important thing is the fact that i've managed to tweak the SMPS so much that the preamp itself is pulling 300mA@12V (150mA being only the heaters ...so that would leave 150mA for the SMPS to go from 12V-DC to 250V-DC)...not bad at all i could say.
Second but not less important ... noise floor (which was already very very low) ..is even lower at this point - please keep in mind that the preamp was not in the enclosure when the measurements were taken ...
So...should I say more?
Basically right now the preamp can be run on any type of regulated power supply that can put out 12V@500mA DC - making it even more pedal-board friendly (it will be still deviered with the wall-wart but, if you have that specific voltage at that minimum current on your PB the use of wall-wart will not be mandatory).
Comments and constructive criticism is more than welcome as always ... oh... and the freq. response ... is quite ... flat as you may see.

FREQ. RESPONSE

www.jpg

NOISE FLOOR (THE PREAMP) is not inside the enclosure (so the noise floor will be even lower!)
ww.jpg

Pulling only 12V @ 300mA
v1.jpg

Didn't translate the posts, but i guess that you would like to know if you can use that particular bypass box with the preamp.
The answer is yes without any problems.

Zurück
Oben Unten