The Orange Home - fat warm and juiiiiicy

Ich dachte, wegen dem hier:
„This is the Super Two Hundred; our interpretation of the vintage Orange AD200 bass amplifier.“

Da hab ich mich gefragt: Es gab doch die ADs erst ab der Jahrtausendwende oder lieg ich da falsch? Was gab‘s denn zwischen dem „Super Bass“ Ende der 70er und dem AD ab 200x? Gar keine Bass-Amps?

Egal… Kennt denn jemand das Pedal?

Da hab ich mich gefragt: Es gab doch die ADs erst ab der Jahrtausendwende oder lieg ich da falsch? Was gab‘s denn zwischen dem „Super Bass“ Ende der 70er und dem AD ab 200x? Gar keine Bass-Amps?
Hm, gute Frage. Der handverdrahtete Vorserienprototyp des ADs, den ich vor ein paar Seiten gepostet habe, ist von 2000. Ob es zwischen Anfang 80er und Anfang 2000er noch etwas gegeben hat, weiß ich nicht. Gab es Orange zu der Zeit überhaupt noch?

Edit: Der Mettigel war schneller und hilfreicher...:bier:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Pedal kenn ich nicht…
Die Orange History ist hier eigentlich ganz schön dargestellt.
Hm, auf jeden Fall ne Lücke zwischen ’79 und ’93. Und mit dem Super Bass fing es ’93 wieder an? Den gab es definitiv schon Ende der 70er. Der AD wird leider garnicht aufgeführt.

...und Mat Mathias wird auch mit keinem einzigen Wort erwähnt, obwohl er die ersten Orangen gebaut hat. Strange...:nix:

Und mit dem Super Bass haben die doch dann zum ersten Mal unterschieden zwischen Gitarren- und Bass-Amps. Für die Eierschneider hieß der dann OR112 oder so…?

Puh… Fragmente von Halbwissen ziehen durch meinen Schädel. Ich übernehm Garantie für nix! 🍻

Edit: Der AD140 ist doch der normale Mk1, oder?
Hier mal ein paar Bilder vom 140er. Sieht von hinten aus wie der 200er (oder wie der Matamp GT150, was für eine Inzucht...) 😁

6EDC38B8-4BAD-4D78-B93D-4551A034C6DB.jpeg

A36AE14D-4ABB-4C5B-B318-CE2035215668.jpeg

334B8393-F854-452A-BEE4-48A4B3EF2FF0.jpeg

0C1F232C-608C-4513-9FBA-524108AC55E8.jpeg

Hier mal ein paar Infos von der „Orange Amp Field“ Seite:

Matamp and Orange...​

Since there is not too many info to be found on Orange amplifiers around the www (not even on the official Orange website!), I decided to put a site together myself.
I am not an amp tech or a collector, I was just curious about these orange things... I would like to thank anyone who already has supplied me with info. Orange data, schematics and pictures are always welcome.

The Orange website is nice, but it does not contain info on discontinued (vintage) models and it hasn't been updated too much.
The Official Orange page (said to be updated soon...)

As most of you will probably know Matamp and Orange are closely related. The Matamp sites also have some historical info on the Matamp/Orange era. Therefore I would like to point you out to the official Matamp websites.
Matamp UK Matamp US Greenamps Blackamps (***NEW!***)

Orange models​

The Orange range has evolved from the oldest 4xEL34 non-master volume amps (described as Graphic amps) to the current range that has types from a 1xEL84 amp that puts out 5 Watts to a 200 Watts Bass amp with 4x6550 tubes.
I have tried to put them in the Orange Amp Field Guide, with some technical data and some pics for each model.

First there were the so called Graphic Amps. They got this name because the first models had only images and no text to describe the knob functions. They were the first Oranges to come out in the late 60s and early 70s.
In 1976 the Overdrive Amps were introduced. They were Graphic amps equipped with a Master Volume. There were no other major differences.
Some time later on (???) there was an update to the Overdrive Series II. Most of the models (all?) until this time were available as head or combo.

The Orange factory had a temporary closedown (some time around the disco era ? ;-) ). But production was restarted in the early 90s. The Graphics were fitted with Standby switches and a few new models were developed. Although new... The "new" OTR series (since half 90s) are said to be Overdrives with only some small changes. (If anyone has ever compared them, please let me know whether it's true or not.)
In November '98 the "Class A" combo's were launched. However they are most likely not really Class A in the electrical meaning of the word since they are push-pull amps. This range of amps consists of brand new 2xEL84 and 4xEL84 amps that are considered to be worth their money (and they're not exactly cheap). The AD5 (April 2000) is probably the only real "Class A" amp.
For info on Class A amplification check here and here at www.aikenamps.com
New in January 2001 were two twin channel amps: the AD30TC combo and AD140TC head. Somewhat more exclusive is the custom AD140 Lead that features point-to-point wiring. At that Orange also introduced the Orange Crush series. This is a solid state budget amp range.

Hm, auf jeden Fall ne Lücke zwischen ’79 und ’93. Und mit dem Super Bass fing es ’93 wieder an? Den gab es definitiv schon Ende der 70er. Der AD wird leider garnicht aufgeführt.

...und Mat Mathias wird auch mit keinem einzigen Wort erwähnt, obwohl er die ersten Orangen gebaut hat. Strange...:nix:
Du musst aber schon auch mal auf so eine Jahreszahl drauf klicken du fauler Sack. 🙃
oder
:D

Zurück
Oben Unten